Friday 31 August 2012

Weekly(ish) Update


Dear Friends,
 Sadly my updates will be intermittent for a while due to my poor laptop breaking so I will be updating when I get the chance to use other people’s computers.

I’m glad to be updating with good news, my sewing machine is finally back and running like a dream. I’m being extra careful with it now and making sure I change the needles for different types of fabric and I couldn’t be happier, I’m looking forward to whipping up a bunch of sewn goods for Maggie Makes Stuff.

I have a wedding coming up in a few days and I have just finished knitting a clutch bag for the big day. The yarn is very thick, and has a beautiful sheen to it. I always feel like a genius when I do cable work as it looks so complex when it’s finished. I lined it with green fabric to match my bridesmaid dress and I’m very please with the finished results.



You may remember just before my sewing machine broke I had made a re-usable sandwich wrap from oil cloth fabric. Well I was so excited when I got the sewing machine back that I whipped up this re-usable snack back to match. I think a few people might be getting matching lunch sets for Christmas.


As you can tell I have been busy with my beloved machine since I got it back and since the weather is turning I have been thinking of making a few hand warmers for Maggie Makes Stuff, they will be filled with wheat, you just pop them in the microwave for a minuet and Bing! Toasty warm hands. I'm planning to do them in sets of two so you can have one in each glove/pocket.

Well I hope I can get back to updating regularly soon. If you do miss me (lol) then follow me on twitter as my phone is working just fine J

1 comment: