Monday 15 February 2010

Felted Fun

Hello there,

While I was in London, milling around the stalls of Camden market I picked up a very cute little felted ring and I wondered how it was made, so on the long dull journey back to Plymouth my good friend Sam googled it for me and when I got home that evening I tried it out while the men folk were watching the super bowl. I never knew it was so easy, so here are the instructions for you to enjoy:



Take a small amount of raw/roving wool and fluff it up by pulling apart the fibers.


Roll in into a loose ball and dunk it into some hot water with a small amount of liquid soap in it.

Keep rolling it about in your hands untill it becomes small and tightly packed.

Let the bead dry on a towel.

I strung them together on a ribbon to wear as a bracelet, you may need some pliers to pull the needle through the bead.

I think I will be doing this a lot now that I know how easy it is. I got a lot of inspiration from Camden Market and I can wait to share some awesome patterns with you all. I'm moving house next week so my posts may not be so frequent while I am packing/unpacking and waiting for the internet to be installed at the new place but rest assured I shall keep you updated on my antics come hell or high water.

xxx

3 comments:

  1. That is really unique, I would never have figured out the process without you explaining it. Thanks so much for sharing it. I have signed up to be a follower so I can keep up with your great projects. When you have time pop over and check out my blog, I'd love to hear your comments.

    Crocheting My Best With My Worsted
    http://crochetingmyworsted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a great blog, very pretty layout, I've added you to my crafty blogs list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie,
    You have received the Sunshine Award. Come by my blog and get it :)

    ReplyDelete