Wednesday 30 December 2009

BOGIES!

Strange but true this winter has been all about bogies, one reason is because I had a horrible cold and used a lot of tissue on my poor nose and the other is because of the game Bogies made infamous by the TV show “Dick and Dom in the bungalow” the object of the game is to shout bogies louder than the person playing with you, this is usually best played somewhere quite like a museum or office. Anyway I though it would be cool to make these little creatures and aren’t they just adorable... well as adorable as a pile of snot can be, I hope you enjoy the pattern, its super quick to make so fetch your finest snot coloured yarn and get crocheting



You will need: Size f hook
Fibre fill
10mm safety eyes
Snot coloured yarn

R1: 6sc in ring
R2: inc in every st around (12sc)
R3: sc in 1st, inc in next, rep around (18sc)
R4: sc in 1st 2 sts, inc in next, rep around (24sc)
R5: sc in first 3, inc, ch 6, 5sc down chain, sc in next 3, inc, ch 6, 5sc down chain, *sc in next 3, inc, rep from * (30sc)
R6 – R12 sc around
R13 (work in front loops only) sc, *dc tr dc in one st, sc, sc, rep from * around

Add Eyes

R14 (work in back loops only) sc in next 3, dec in next, rep around
R15 sc in next 2, dec in next, rep around STUFF
R16 sc in next st, dec in next, rep around
R17 dec until closed

10 comments:

  1. Ha cute. I may just give it a try for a swap I'm in. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! I might just choose this as my friend's birthday gift (she loves all of my crocheted dolls and amigurumi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one of your bogies today. :D I love it!!! I did it because I just bought some of the safety eyes and wanted to try them out on a project that wasn't going to take to long. He is a pistachio green and looks awesome. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so adorable! and i made 2 of them today with a B hook and close to sock yarn and they are so cute when they are little things!

    here is a photo of them if you want to see... i wont take up to much space on here because that would be rude... i say that as i write a cr*p load of words... here is the link i apologize for the horrid quality of the photo... so here it is.

    http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee408/penguins_love_to_be_tickled/?action=view&current=mms_picture-4.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your site and LOVE IT!!! Have been crocheting for years and these are just to cute, thanks again for this site. Sandra Lee From Washington state USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! I love these kinds of sites and this is one of my favorites!
      Anika. Vancouver Canada.

      Delete
  6. I'm super lost at r13. This is my first crochet project, and I've managed to follow along well until now. (Try finding double treble double crochet in one stitch on youtube.)
    Any suggestions? I'd hate to get stuck now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer,

      I truly hope that someone has helped you along by now...since this was posted in September, but just in case let me explain.

      Round 13's dc tr dc in one st means you work a double crochet, a treble crochet (which is two wraps around the hook, pull through two loops, pull through two loops and then through the last two) and then another double crochet in that same stitch.

      I hope this helps!! I wish you many more crochet projects to come :)

      Delete
  7. Well, I finished, but I have one question about the slime-feet things. Do you do all of those on the same stitch? I did, and they ended up looking like little bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a couple of these but I used a dark purple and an orange and my 3 year old is running around yelling alien bogies. I was wondering if I could use your pattern for my sister's fundraiser for her swim team. I'm not claiming the patern as mine but so many people are asking for them. here's my email darkbleuangel18@hotmail.com Thanks for making them! Oregon State USA

    ReplyDelete