Monday 25 April 2011

THANK YOU!!!!

Well there are just no words to explain how pleased I am with the response to the survey. You are all so amazing for taking the time to fill it out. The answers you have given me will really help in making a pattern book that crocheters actually want and I love that a lot of you think the same as myself about book that are around at the moment.

I've been crocheting odd little things recently and will post the patterns in the future for you all. Here is an especially cute pattern for to say thank you again:

Itty Bitty Owl Pattern

You Will need:
Small amounts of DK or WW yarn
3.5mm hook
10mm eyes
Small triangle of yellow felt
Stitch marker
Fiber fill
Embroidery needle

Body
R1: 6sc in ring
R2: inc in every st around (12sc)
R3: sc in first, inc in next, rep around, (18sc)
R4: sc in first 2, inc in next, rep around (24sc)
R5-8 sc around
change colour
R9-14: sc around FO leaving tail to sew

Eye patch (make 2)
R1: 6sc in ring
R2: inc in every stitch around
ss in next, FO leaving tail to sew

Wings (make 2)
R1: 6sc in ring
R2: sc in first, inc in next, rep around (9sc)
R3-5: sc around, ss into next, FO leaving tail to sew

after adding all the face detail and embroidering the v marks of the tummy, stuff and sew the top closed, sew diagonally for 1cm down the corners to make the ears stand out.

Enjoy your itty bitty owl

21 comments:

  1. Eee~ I think I just found something to do with my yarn scraps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Oh Oh! i love owlies! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I was just looking for a super cute owl. And thank YOU for sharing all of your lovely patterns with us. Your stuff is amazing I can't wait to buy your book (because we all know it will be published as soon as they see your awesome designs!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww this is such a cute pattern....I love owls :) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I love the title for starters! and The crochet cookie monster wow! incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome patterns, thank you for sharing them, i just love your blog. please check out my crochet at http://jgcrochetcreations.blogspot.com/
    Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you soo much for free pattern!:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is super cute and is great that it can be made with scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has got to be the cutest owl I have seen online so far! I love him/her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just want to say thank you for this pattern.
    My one friend in America loves owls and I crocheted this yesterday so that I can always keep her in my thoughts.

    http://siobhansblog.tumblr.com/post/16288506464/photo-project-366-day-22

    ^If you want to take a look, that is the direct link to the photo!^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been searching and searching for just the right owl to make for my kids for valentines day. I haven't been thrilled with what I was finding until NOW!! I love your design. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FO is a new abbreviation for me. Looked in you abbrevetions and still didn't see it. What does it mean? 24th row. SC around FO???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evelene- FO stands for "finish off" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern. I was just about to attempt to make up a pattern when I found yours. I whipped up a little owl for my neice who loves them and is coming to visit me. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your owl!! I just made it to see how it looks in my hand!! SOOO cute!
    THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a rank beginner crocheter, (completed first dishcloth).
    I am always looking for something easy enough. This little guy looks worth a try.
    Will you be rating the skill levels necessary to do each pattern in your book? If so, I am looking forward to buying it.
    Thanks for all the free patterns, and the videos, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the itty bitty owlie. If you do the main body and tummy with mohair yarn, it looks just like a baby owl... fuzzzzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you go from 24 sc crochets in round 4 to 8 in round 5, I don't get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops sorry, read the pattern wrong

      Delete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pattern..thank you for sharing... I've already made 2...so adorable and fast

    ReplyDelete