Saturday 14 February 2009

Abby from NCIS



It seemed only right, being a total NCIS freak that I should make my favourite character, so here she is for ya'll to make! It's a first for me that I've combined crochet and knitting, so the knitting pattern part might not be perfect as I don't have a clue when it comes to knitting. If you try out the pattern let me know how you get along and if any adjustments need to be made :)

You will need:
Skin, Red, Black and White yarn
12mm safety eyes
Stuffing Beading and seaquins
Red and yello felt
Black embroidery floss
3mm hook, sewing needles, stitch marker
4mm knitting needles

Head

R1 6sc in ring
R2 inc around (12sc)
R3 sc in first, inc in next, rep around (18sc)
R4 sc in next 2, inc in next, rep around (24sc)
R5 sc in next 3, inc in next, rep around (30sc)
R6 sc in next 4, inc in next, rep around (36sc)
R7 sc in next 5, inc in next, rep around (42sc)
R8 sc in next 6, inc in next, rep around (48sc)
R9 sc in next 7, inc in next, rep around (54sc)
R10-19 sc around
R20 sc in next 7, dec in next, rep around (48sc)
R21 sc around
R22 sc in next 6, dec in next, rep around (42sc)
R23 sc in next 5, dec in next, rep around (36sc)
R24 sc in next 2, dec in next, rep around (27sc)
Place safety eyes between rounds 16 and 17, embroider lashes and mouth
R25-26 sc around

Body
Chance to black and ss around in front loops only
R27 sc around in back loops only
R28 sc around inc twice at each shoulder (31sc)
R29 sc around inc twice at each shoulder (35sc)
R30-41 sc around
Belt
ss around in front loops only
R42 sc around in back loops only
ss around in front loops only
Chnge to red, do not break off black

Skirt
R1 sc around in back loops of R42 ss into first, change colour, ch1
R2 sc around inc 4 times evenly spaced, ss into first, change colour, ch1
R3 sc around, ss into first, change colour, ch1
R4 sc around, inc twice evenly spaced, ss into first, change colour, ch1
R5-R6 sc around
FO

Legs
Roll back skirt to show back loops of R42
R1 join red yarn sc around in back loops only (36sc)
R2-5 sc around
ss around in front loops only
Stuff body
R6 Join skin colour in front middle st, sc 18 in back loops, skip next 18 sts
R7-15 sc around
R16 sc around, dec twice evenly spaced (16sc)
R17-18 sc around
Chance to black, ss around in front loops only
R19 sc around in back loops only
R20-23 sc around
Place marker at middle st at front of foot
R24 sc to 2 sts before marker, 2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 4, 2hdc in next st, sc around
R25-26 rep round 24, (22sc)
stuff leg
R27 sc in first 2, dec in next, rep around (17sc)
R28 sc in first, dec in next, rep around (12sc)
Stuff foot
dec untill closed
Sew knee dimples between R13-14
Repeat process for next leg
sew between legs to make crotch of knickers

Arm (make 2)
R1 6sc in ring
R2 inc around (12sc)
R3 sc in first, inc in next, rep around (18sc)
R4-6 sc around
R7 sc around, dec evenly 3times, dc 5 tog in last st to make thumb (15sc)
R8-9 sc around
R10 sc around, dec twice evenly spaced (12sc)
R11-21 sc around
change to black, ss around in front loops only
R22 sc arond in back loops only
R23 sc around, dec twice evenly spaced
R24 sc in next 2, dec in next, rep around
R25 dec untill closed
leave long tail to sew

Coller
Ch 26
sc across chain (25sc) Fo
Sew beads to coller and join around neck

Lab coat (knitted)
CO 34
R1 K8, inc 4 times, K10, inc 4 times, knit to end (42st)
R2 P row
R3 K8, inc1, K1 4 times, K10, inc1, K1 4 times, Knit to end (50st)
R4 p row
R5 K8, place 12 st on scrap yarn, co4, k16, place 12 on scrap yarn, co 4, knit to end
R8-19 work in ss the FO

Sleeves
Pick up sts on DPNs and pick up 4 sts under arm and knit for 13 rows
Cast off
Sew up any holes under arms
Embroider NCIS on coat

Cup
R1 6sc in ring
R2 inc around (12sc)
R3 sc around in back loops only
R4 sc around, inc twice evenly spaced (14sc)
R5-10 sc around
Stuff
R11 sc in first, dec in next, rep around in back loops (10sc)
dec untill closed

make caf-pow lable with red and yellow felt

Hair (black)
sew around hair line and down middle to mark pig tails, then add strands of yarn like you would with a latch hook rug, tie hair up in pig tails and enjoy

42 comments:

  1. That's adorable! I'm an NCIS fiend too, and I have a total girl crush on Abby. This is just one more reason I need to learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I love NCIS and I think Abby is soo cool. :)

    (Pauley Perrett (the actress) does a great job at making Abby such a real character.)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Abby, and I love crocheting dolls, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I saved the pattern and I hope to have time to make her. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute! I like NCIS too. Having her drink there makes it just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!!!!!!!!!!! I love NCIS too!!!!!!!! and Abby is definitely the best!

    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just too cute. My late husband was in love with Abby. I have always enjoyed her she makes NCIS what it is

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great , I'm crocheting this doll now. It looks just like me! My collar is spiked and my shirt is striped , that's the only difference. You are so clever , thanks for sharing , Deena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want you to know that I'm making this doll w/ a few changes as a zoologist for my BF's baby sister, but while watching NCIS on TV... the irony makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love ABBY!!!! I'll be making this but in pastels.........my neices wouldn't get the whole goth thing at 2 and 4 lol. I'll know it was based on Abs though!! Maybe i'll make one for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I don't even watch the show and I picked up right away who she was! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my God! Abby! :D She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pattern and as soon as I finish Ravelympics I'm going to start on it. Just one question. Are the crochet instructions UK or US? I know there is a difference.

    Thank you for publishing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All my patterns are in US instructions as i find they make more sense. Good luck with the Ravelympics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great little doll, love Abbey !

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is so so cute. I wanna make one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for this awesome creation! I'm making it right now, but am stuck on Row 24 of the head...I'm getting 6 extra stitches after a round of 8 sc and 1 dec. Help?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pattern has been amended with a fix to r24 :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I Love your pattern. Thank you so much for sharing. I am a new at crocheting and I was wondering if you had more tips on doing the hair part. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Was wondering on the body after the baack loops pnly part for the next rounds do you keep working in back loops or do you work in both loops? Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, you'll go back to working in both loops after that round,
    as for the hair, I sewed around the hair line then attached the hair to those stitches with the crochet hook, I hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I also am a NCIS fan, but abby's not my only favorite. I like Gibbs, Ziva, and of course Abby. I will have to try doing this pattern soon. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hallo!
    Thank you for this pattern! I love Abby :) I'll do this one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome! I love NCIS and I certainly love Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! I come here by google ....
    I was looking for an other crochet abby pattern....
    But I Like this one to!!

    So Sweet to Share it !!

    THNX ♥

    Greeting from Ivonne (netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  26. can u try and make gibbs, huge fan of NCIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. got to make gibbs and the others gibbs is my favorite

      Delete
  27. How big is the doll? I want to make one for my daughter but dont want to if its small.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I dont have the original doll any more but i think she was about 8-9 inches tall. Hope that helps maggie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! I want to thank you for sharing that pattern for free....this is VERY COOL, (and Abby's caracter would think that too! lol)I've just started doing small crochet stuff and amigurumi,etc. When I'll feel more confident, I'll do this AWESOME doll for sure! Thank again!Chantale, Quebec, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  30. could you make me one How much would you charge? contact me at angelhotrod45@aol.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your Abby! Did you think of making one and sending it to Pauley Perrete for her to have. Maybe someone else has already done this with a pattern they invented, but non could be any cuter or more accurate than yours. I think you should send one to NCIS.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is awesome! I also love your blog title! A future aspiration to be a crochet ninja hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is Adorable! My only problem is that I do Not Knit. Does anyone have the Lab Coat in crochet?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my.. this is soooo precious!!! I have to run at the yarn shop now and get me some black yarn. I... NEED... to... make... this !!! Thank you SOOOooo much for sharing this pattern with us, you're the best !!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The doll is fantastic - as is her inventor/crafter! Well done! Thank you for the pattern. My granddaughter will love this, even if she's too young to join her Gramma watching her favourite show!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Is there anyway to crotchet the lab coat i know my mother would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  37. can u do the lab coat in crochet as well?

    ReplyDelete
  38. can u crochet the lab coat as well or does it have to be knitted I don't know how to knit

    ReplyDelete
  39. Do you make this to sell. I am not adept at crochet but would love this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete