Friday 11 December 2009

Following my dreams

Greetings Friends,

I am so sorry it has been a very long time since I have posted anything and I have nothing to offer but my apologies for my long absence but never fear, I am back and with renewed vigour and enthusiasm for crochet.

I have recently had one of those “what am I doing with my life?” moments and I have decided to actively follow my dreams and really make a name for myself in the crochet world, as I really don’t want to still be working in a call centre in 10 years time. So my plan is to make even more free patterns, start selling patterns and start working on my crochet book. Also get off my but and start going to knit club to teach crochet lessons and selling my wears at craft fairs. Its everyones dream to make a living out of there hobby and I’m going to grab that dream and ride it into the sunset, I’ve got nothing to lose.

I'd love to hear your ideas from a crochet book, what would you like to see in it? i've got so many ideas for patterns just need to get a few works in progress out of the way first before the creating really begins. I'm really looking forward to this and I'll be keeping you all updated on my progress.

Much Lub

2 comments:

  1. Hi maggie
    I just noticed you're back; hello! I've never commented before but thought I'd say hi. I adore crochet books so would be all for it :oD
    to make it sell really well you would need to make really clear, visual step-by-step instructions including the very basics so non-crocheters might buy it too. Possibly include a short DVD of instructional videos too?
    Lots of Gorgeous pictures of your creations too of course..

    On another note I went to uni in Plymouth, (graduated 5 1/2 years ago) & worked in a call centre while I studied; do you work for RSA?

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thankyou for those amazing ideas, i like the dvd idea.

    Yeah I work for FirstAssist that used to be RSA. You can understand why I am keen to get this dream off the ground and get out of there :)

    ReplyDelete